Why does endometriosis cause infertility?
Constant inflammation resulting from the lesion of endometriosis leads to hostile environment that, not only, negatively affects ovum quality and hormonal management, but also impairs the transport of the ovary and sperm. Adhesions can mechanically compress the fallopian tubes, resulting in obstruction.
There may be many causes of infertility, but medical statistics show that endometriosis is present in 80% of women with fertility problems.
In Miracolo we provide a comprehensive assessment of female fertility; from the cervix, through the uterine cavity (hysteroscopy), fallopian tubes (fallopian tube patency test) to the pelvic assesment and the entire abdominal cavity (minilaparoscopy or transvaginal laparoscopy).
We offer an interesting and precise diagnostic procedure called transvaginal laparoscopy TVL - we can accurately assess the condition of the uterus, fallopian tubes and lesser pelvis during a short procedure that does not leave scars and can be made without anesthesia. It is not required to stay overnight at the hospital. See our minimally invasive TVL diagnostic.
In Miracolo we also offer a comprehensive treatment for the causes of infertility, including:
- removal of endometrial polyps
- correction of congenital uterus defects, such as uterine septum
- removal of uterine fibroid by both hysteroscopy and laparoscopy
- Fallopian tubes:
- recanalization (dilatation) of fallopian tubes
- plastic surgery of the fallopian tubes
- endometrial cysts
- cutting out and vaporization of the lesions on peritoneum, intestine, bladder, fallopian tubes, liver
- endometriosis deeply infiltrating the large intestine including partial resection of the intestine
- endometriosis under the cesarean section scar
- removal of adhesions with the use of anti-adhesion device
See our offer of treatments.